We fully support each and every template we make. If you have a question or run into problems regarding your template, please contact us. We'll be happy to help.
- Expression Web
- Concrete 5
- HTML5 Templates
- How do I purchase a template?
- Each template's detail page contains an "Add to Cart" button that takes you to our shopping cart page. You can either checkout or return to continue shopping. During the checkout process, you can choose to pay with your credit card or through your PayPal account. On approval, you will be directed to a page where you can download your template file(s).
- How do I know if a template is right for me?
- Those who are in need of a website and feel their graphic design skills may be a bit limited will benefit from a web template. A template gives you the elements needed to build an effective, working website. Templates come with several common web pages that use pre-designed layouts, images, other components that work together to give your website a consistent look and feel across all pages.
- What are "Responsive" templates?
- "Responsive" refers to templates that can adapt their size depending on whether you are viewing the site on a mobile phone, a tablet like the iPad or Kindle Fire, a laptop, or a desktop computer. A visitor to your site who is using a small device, like a cell phone or a tablet, will see the site differently but can still access most, if not all, of your site's information. While a template can cover most instances where items should expand and contract, you may have a specific image or element that requires a bit of extra help. Just let us know and we can walk you though how to adapt it for your needs.
- How do I receive my new template?
- After your credit card is approved, you will be directed to a page where you can download your template file(s). You will also receive an email shortly after purchase that contains the download link location. The download file comes in a zipped format. Save this zipped file to a location on your hard drive (remember where you saved it!). It's also a good idea to make a backup copy of this file for safekeeping.
- If I don't like the template, can I get a refund?
- All sales are final. No refunds will be given for software that is
delivered via digital download from our site. We offer live previews of each template so you can view all
of the pages before you buy. If you have a question about the suitability of any template, please
contact us before you purchase.
If there is a problem with one of the digital download products or if you experience any difficulty with its download, we will fix the problem.
- What about the images used in the templates?
- Watermarked Images: Your template may contain watermarked images
or photos provided by third-party providers. We have obtained permission to incorporate these sample images within the
template. If you wish to use these images for your web site, you are required
to purchase the non-watermarked version directly from the vendor.
Pre-Licensed Images: Some templates contain images or photos provided by third-party providers. We have obtained the necessary licenses, rights, or permissions to use the images within the template. You may use such images within the template, but do not have the right to use the images separate from the template. You are bound by the license agreement and copyright of the third-party image providers.
Collage-Styled Images: Some templates are designed using several elements from a variety of sources. Due to vendor restrictions on how we may distribute these graphics, we are required to offer these templates "as is" and a layered .psd file is not available.
- My credit card was declined. Now what?
- The most common reason a credit card is declined is that the name on the card, the billing address, the zip code, and the 3-digit code do not all match during the verification process. We have no control over how or why a card is approved or declined. Often when a card is declined, the reserve amount is still deducted from your available balance for 24-48 hours before being replaced. If your card was not approved, we recommend you contact your credit card company or bank immediately and report you encountered an AVS mismatch error during your transaction attempt.
- What are the software requirements?
- Our Expression Web templates are compatible in all versions (1 - 4). While newer software versions
offer some additional functionality, the basic coding remains the same. What works in Expression Web
V1 will also work in V4.
We recommend Expression Web V4 for our HTML5 templates. Earlier versions do not display the page design accurately when in Design View.
- Can I change the template's colors, graphics, text...etc.?
- Each template is different. While font colors can be easily changed by editing the CSS file, other colors are actually images. You should assume that the colors cannot be changed. We recommend you read through the "see in action" pages for specific details. Most templates also have a layered .psd file that is available on request. If you cannot find the answer to your question, please email us.
- Can I add more pages, delete pages, and rename pages?
- Absolutely! Templates are designed to be flexible. You add additional pages, delete pages you do not need, and even rename pages to be better suited to your site. We have tutorials on our Help Center covering these topics.
- Can I delete your branding logo?
- Yes! Once you have purchased the template, you may remove any links back to our site, remove our logo from the home page, etc.
- Can I use the template in FrontPage 2003?
- Yes...and no. Technically you can use any Expression Web template in FrontPage 2003 since both programs use dynamic web templates and includes. Realistically, however, a page in FrontPage 2003 will not be accurate in Design View.
- My new images aren't showing up. What's wrong?
- There are several common reasons why an image may not show on your page.
Most often the cause is using the wrong file type or the image file path is
wrong. New images should be saved as either a .gif, .jpg, or .png. Images should be located in the
images folder of your web. File names and their extensions should be lowercase with no spaces. It may
also be a known Internet Explorer "bug".
Check your "preview" settings. Go to Site > Site Settings. In the preview tab, make sure "preview using website url" is selected. Under that, check "Use Microsoft Expression Development Server". Then, select "for all web pages".
- My computer crashed! Can I get another copy of my template?
- If your template is still in our catalog, send us an email and include your name, the name of the template you bought, and the date of your purchase. Once we verify your order, there is a small replacement fee, and we will email you a replacement copy. If your template has been retired and is no longer in our catalog, we cannot send you a replacement copy.
- Where can I get more help?
- • Check the program help files. You can find
most "how to" questions answered there.
• Visit our Help Center.
• Contact us regarding any questions you may have about your web template.
- What is Concrete5?
- Concrete5 is a free, open source Content Management System (CMS). With Concrete5, anyone can start making their own website quickly and easily. Best of all, the editing experience is easy - just click on what you want to change. There are also a wide array of add-on applications, many for free, that can extend the functionality of your web site.
- What's included in the template package?
- Your template comes with all of the files and images necessary to set up your Concrete5 site. Because this is a database driven template you will have to generate your own web pages, content, links, etc. It is up to the user to develop and edit their own Concrete5 database environment.
- Can I change the template's colors, etc.?
- Each template is different, you should assume that the colors cannot be changed. We do not make the css file "customizable" to save on server speed, but you can edit font colors in the css file and then FTP your changes to the server. Most of the design colors are actually images.
- Is there a "see in action" preview?
- We offer you a simulated view that shows the home page design and a template instructions page. This will give you an overview of where elements are located and what your live Concret5 site might look like.
- What are the software requirements?
- To get the most out of concrete5, you need: PHP 5.2.x, MySQL 5.x or higher, and Apache (IIS with concrete5 is not recommended). In addition, you may want to have some type of image editing software program to edit some graphics that come with your template such as the logo image.
- Budget web hosting is something everyone wants, but it sometimes comes at an unexpected price in the form of lower quality of service. If your site is on a server with too many other sites, MySQL will crawl along under the load causing your site to run slowly. This is where it may be wise to change to a different hosting provider. You may pay a little more, but your site will run much better and faster.
- Do I need an HTML editor?
- No. For the most part you can edit your content using a rich text editor (TinyMCE) that works like a word processor. If you can type into Word, you will find this editor similar and easy to use.
- How do I add my own site name?
- The templates are designed to use a "logo.jpg" image. In the download package, you will find a "blank" logo.jpg file. You can add your text using any image editing software program. You can then use your favorite font, apply effects, and more. Upload your revised logo image through the File Manager. [Note: We can edit this image for you for free within 14 days of your purchase.]
- Can I edit the footer area to remove the credit link?
- Yes! You can open the footer.php file in a plain text editor like Notepad, locate our credit link and delete it.
- Are the templates available in the Concrete5 Marketplace?
- At this time, no. The only place you can find our original Concrete5 themes is from our site.
- Where can I get more help?
- We have several tutorials available on our Help Center. You can also find information on the Concrete5 site through their documentation and on their forum. For help or questions with one of our Concrete5 templates, just contact us.
- Can I change the color(s) of a template?
- You can edit many of the colors used a template by editing the CSS file. This allows you to change fonts, link colors, and more. However, there are also several graphic files that make up the colors in the design, especially for gradients and shadow effects. Our templates, as a general rule, are not designed so that you can make changes to these graphics. We offer design services services for those who need these kinds of changes.
- Can I change the photo(s) in a template?
- The small images in a template can be easily replaced. Just delete our sample photos and add your own. If the template contains an image that is incorporated into another element like the top header image, we include a layered .psd file with the template that you can use to replace our image with your own. If you do not have the software to edit this file, we offer design services where we can make the changes for you.
- Why does my template have a watermarked image?
- The photo vendor(s) have given us permission to only use a watermarked image as a sample. You may purchase/license the image direct from the vendor, or you may substitute our image with one of your own. Our image sources have very reasonable pricing... about $3.00 an image, so you can pick out what you want instead of the image shown in the template.
- Can I add or remove pages in a template?
- Yes, you can add new pages, delete the ones you do not need, and rename existing pages. Templates are designed to be flexible. While we give you several commonly named pages, you can make changes to suit the needs of your site.
- Can I use the template on more than one site?
- When you purchase a template, you are purchasing a license that allows you to use the template on a single web site. In order to use the template on more than one site, you must repurchase the template to obtain a second site license. For more detailed information, please view our License Agreement and other policies.
- Do I have to leave in your site logo?
- No. Once you have purchased the template, you may remove our logo graphic from the template. We do not require that you leave any of our information.
- How do I unzip the download file?
- It is important that you unzip your files correctly so that the data inside retains the correct file structure. Your web template contains several files and folders. Double-click on the file you saved to your desktop. If WinZip is installed, the dialog box will appear. In this interface, you will see the total number of files. Click on the Extract icon. The Extract dialog window will open. Make sure there is a check in the box next to "Use folder names". We recommend you extract the files to your Desktop. Click on the Extract button. When your files are unzipped, the WinZip interface window will close. You can copy the folder that contains your web pages, files, and folder to any location you choose.